- Brush your teeth.
- Place whitening solution in trays using the least amount necessary — cover the front part of your tray only.
- After one hour, rinse your mouth and the trays and replace the solution.
- Use the whitener one to four hours a day.
- Use Sensodyne toothpaste or another desensitizing toothpaste during the time you are whitening your teeth. Ask us, we often have it on hand.
- Do not use the whitening trays while you are sleeping.
- If you develop sensitivity to your teeth, even though you are using Sensodyne, let us know and we can help you overcome sensitivity.
- Most people will get the desired color change in two to six weeks. Keep the trays after that. Once or twice a year, a touch up may be advisable to keep the new whitened shade you have obtained.
- Whitening agents will not whiten synthetic materials such as porcelain, plastic, gold, or silver.
- If your teeth are two tones now in color the whitener will whiten both colors in the same proportion that they are now. The whitener will not blend the darker color into the lighter shade.
- To date, all research shows that any sensitivity to your teeth is transitory and there is no permanent damage to your teeth.